[GUFSC] Create Debian Linux packages

Ricardo Grützmacher grutz em terra.com.br
Sexta Julho 11 17:20:57 GMT+3 2003

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-debpkg.html?ca=dgr-lnxw01DebianLinuxLearn

how to build easy-to-distribute packages for Debian users

Level: Introductory

Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier (jzb em dissociatedpress.net)
Freelance writer
July 10, 2003

     Learn the basics of creating Debian packages for distributing
programs and source code. This article shows all the necessary
components of a package and how to put them together to end up with a
final product.

The Debian packaging system is one of the most elegant methods of
installing, upgrading, and removing software available. For all you fans
of other packaging systems, before you send your flames, please note
that I said "one of" and not simply "the most." Other packaging systems
have their charms, but in this article I'm going to focus on the Debian
packaging system. Specifically, I'm going to look at creating Debian
packages so you can distribute your packages in Debian format -- or
simply create packages for your own use.

I'll walk through the basic components of a package, what you need to
create your own packages, and finally how to pull it all together to
create a package.