[GUFSC] Borland investe em Open Source???

vladimir em inf.ufsc.br vladimir em inf.ufsc.br
Terça Abril 4 08:46:39 BRT 2006

DN News - March 2006 Newsletter
--------------------------------

Borland Developer Network (BDN) News is an email newsletter for members
of the Borland Developer Network - http://bdn.borland.com/

Borland and IDC Open Source Software survey
----------
The Borland developer community is invited to take part in the IDC developer
survey on open source software.  IDC, Borland, and other IT vendors are
participating in a survey to get developer perspectives on open source
software.
We encourage the Borland developer community to take part in this
survey. The survey will be live until April 9, 2006.
  http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,33460,00.html

Borland to spin-off the developer and database business
----------

Borland announces plans to spin-off the developer and database
business. Borland also announces the acquisition of Segue Software.

Read the press release

http://www.borland.com/us/company/news/press_releases/2006/02_08_06_borland_acquires_segue_software.html

Read the letter from Borland CEO Tod Nielsen to our customers and shareholders

http://www.borland.com/us/company/news/Tod_Nielsen_customer_shareholder_letter_02-08-06.html

Recent Developer Network Articles
----------

Delphi 2006, C++Builder 2006, C#Builder 2006 Trial now available for
download -
The Borland Developer Studio 2006 Architect trial version is now
available for download
  http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,33447,00.html

Getting Started using Apache Derby in JBuilder - by Lori Olson - Using the
Apache Derby database involves a lot of setup and configuration. In this
article, you will be guided, step-by-step, through the process of installing,
configuring, and finally using Derby with one of the JBuilder JDBC sample
applications.
  http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,33327,00.html