[GUFSC] Halloween X: Follow The Money

Rafael R Obelheiro rro em das.ufsc.br
Quarta Março 10 08:30:45 BRT 2004

[ Para os interessados no imbroglio SCO vs {IBM, Red Hat, ...}   --rro ]

[http://www.opensource.org/halloween/halloween10.html]

Halloween X: Follow The Money

Excuse me, did we say in Halloween IX that Microsoft's under-the-table
payoff to SCO for attacking Linux was just eleven million dollars?
Turns out we were off by nearly an order of magnitude  it was much,
much more than that.

The document below was emailed to me by an anonymous whistleblower
inside SCO. He tells me the typos and syntax bobbles were in the
original. I could not, when I received it, certify its authenticity,
but I presumed that IBM's, Red Hat's, Novell's, AutoZone's, and
Daimler-Chryler's lawyers could subpoena the original. On March 4th,
within 24 hours of publication, SCO confirmed that the memo is
legitimate.

Explanatory comments are interspersed in brown serif font (I changed
this from green because of complaints from the colorblind).
Particularly noteworthy bits of the original are in red.

[...]