[GUFSC] Software Freedom Day

Ricardo Grutzmacher grutz em terra.com.br
Quinta Agosto 12 14:55:43 BRT 2004

http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/

About Software Freedom Day

On August 28, 2004, we will celebrate the first annual Software Freedom Day. On that day, we will make the world aware of the virtues of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS), and encourage its widespread use. We will set up stations in public places to give away informational fliers and CDs with selected FOSS, including TheOpenCD and a Linux Live CD.

This is a global grassroots marketing campaign in which we are inviting volunteers from around the world to participate. It will be up to the individual teams to chose how they wish to organize their local PR efforts. We will assist with bulk production of supplies, though the cost of supplies must be distributed.
Check our team pages to see if there is already a team near you, or use this form to sign up to start one. We also have a forum a wiki and mailing lists to help you stay informed. We hope you will join the celebration!