[GUFSC] duvida sobre software livre

Carlos Alberto Brandão Barbosa Leite cbrandao@das.ufsc.br
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:57:55 -0300

Pessoal, estive na página do Mozilla (www.mozilla.org) e fiquei em
dúvida quanto as várias licenças que um software pode ter. Vejam:

Mozilla & Netscape Public Licenses

This page details the licenses under which Mozilla source code can be
obtained. At the moment, parts ofthe source are available under either
the Netscape Public License (NPL) or the Mozilla Public License(MPL),
often in combination with either the GNU General Public License (GPL) or
the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), or both. mozilla.org is
working towards having all the code in the tree      licensed under a
MPL/LGPL/GPL tri-license; for more information, see the Relicensing FAQ.
Any code checked into our CVS tree needs to comply with the licensing
policy
here are a few documents here:

The Mozilla Public License, version 1.1.
This document contains the Mozilla Public License, which is an
Open-Source license suitable for general use. It is also available in
plain text.
The Netscape Public License, version 1.1.
This document contains the Netscape Public License, in the form of
Amendments to the Mozilla
Public License along with the MPL itself. It is also available in plain
text.
Preformatted versions of the MPL/NPL v1.1 boilerplate text.
New files checked into the tree need to have licensing text added to the
top. Here is table containing versions of this boilerplate text
preformatted for various different types of files. Please always use
these templates when adding files to the tree: they are carefully
formatted so that future updates to the boilerplate will be easy to
make.

Bem, minha surpesa foi encontrar na página de download, um termo que me
pareceu bastante estranho para um software cuja intenção (atual e
futura) seria a livre distribuição (que se presupões que seja de ambito
mundial). Eu desconhecida as restrições de exportação de software livre
para alguns países. Vejam:

Mozilla 1.0

Mozilla 1.0 is our most recent stable release. We make binary versions
of Mozilla 1.0 available for testing purposes only! We provide no end
user support. Feel free to use one of our mirrors.
This source code is subject to the U.S. Export Administration
Regulations and other U.S. law, and may not be exported or re-exported
to certain countries (currently Afghanistan (Taliban controlled areas),
Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria) or to
persons or entities prohibited from receiving U.S. exports (including
Denied Parties, entities on the Bureau of Export Administration Entity
List, and Specially Designated Nationals).

                  We do not guarantee that any source code or executable
code available from the mozilla.org domain is Year 2000 compliant.

Minha pergunta é: é possível um software livre apresentar algum tipo de
restrição política quanto a sua distribuição no mundo?

Carlos Brandão
DAS-UFSC-Br